Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Colour Inject

A few months ago, I managed to collect 6 Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipsticks in a matter of days on some crazed spending spree. In hindsight, as attractive as the colours are on offer, half of them are either completely superfluous or almost unwearable. I'm often drawn to lipstick shades for the way they look in the tube, only to find they're less than flattering when applied. Unfortunately, this was the case for the beige/nude Mambo, which is too similar to my skin tone, making me look pallid and lifeless. Samba and Boogie Woogie are nearly the same colour on my lips, the only difference being Samba is a more muted rosy brown, while Boogie Woogie is a brighter version with fuchsia overtones. Foxtrot is a dark plummy shade, ideal for an autumnal statement lip. Limited Edition 1 literally looks like a dark purple crayon, but is actually a reddish grape colour. I probably wouldn't wear this applied directly to my lips, but surprisingly it's one of my favourites as it leaves a gorgeous berry stain when taken off. Jive is a medium pink that is passable on me, though I think it would better suit fairer, cooler skin tones. As much as I gravitate towards pink (especially the lighter end of the spectrum), I need to accept the reality that it's not my best colour.



 l-r: Limited Edition 1, Jive, Foxtrot, Mambo, Boogie Woogie, Samba

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Australis! I generally stick to American names like Maybelline and Revlon... I like the look of foxtrot and samba, though. I steer clear of blue-based pinks and just returned a liquid lipstick that was a tad too purple today... I'm not as adventurous as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the purple one is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my problem is i ALWAYS gravitate towards pretty pinks like jive^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foxtrot is such a great color for this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that they aren't what you hoped for! That's why I'm so fortunate for testers here in store! I actually have lots of lipsticks! Hope of pinks I've picked up but I realized now I don't like pinks that are soo similar to my lip shade! I prefer mauvey pinks or ones with beige undertones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...