Saturday, March 17, 2012

Glitz & Glamour

If anything came from my episode of trialling cult highlighters, it was a newfound appreciation for the existing powder highlighter that I'd been using day-to-day, Models Prefer Highlighter in Glitz & Glamour. I would go as far as saying that I prefer this little known, inexpensive product to its pricier and more celebrated counterparts. I love it so much I recently bought a backup even though I'm nowhere near finishing my current one. The quad consists of four shades: a pearly white with a milky pink sheen, a pink-leaning light tan, a gold peach (this one has the most visible shimmer), and a deep, berry pink with an almost fuchsia iridescence.






Last colour is the first four shades swirled together


These are very heavily swatched, so not entirely representative of how the highlighter looks when worn. I usually apply a mix of the white and the two shades on either side of it, or the white by itself, with my Real Techniques Contour Brush. The white is truly luminising and has a beautiful, milky pink pearlescence. I don't usually wear the darkest pink shade, but occasionally, I'll use it alone as a blush. Not because I dislike it, but more because I want to reserve my Contour Brush for the lighter shades and it's a little tricky to dip other brushes into a small triangle of colour. The visible shimmer in these may put some people off, but the glitter factor can be toned down if applied lightly and just to the cheekbones, rather than blending out onto the apple of the cheeks. The quad retails for $9.95 and also comes in the warmer, bronzier Fame & Fortune.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful highlighter! :) Gorgeous in every shade. It looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern and shades in the highlighter resemble the Benefit Sugarbomb blush but it ends up being a beautiful highlighter! Sweet price too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful combination of colors. it looks luminous on your cheeks. is modelsprefer an australian brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, I've only seen it being sold at Priceline, which I'm guessing is the equivalent to Ulta. Basically like a major cosmetics vendor/pharmacy chain. I honestly don't know much about the brand at all, I tried to Google it and I don't even think it has its own website. Seems like the whole range is up on Priceline's website though (http://shop.priceline.com.au/cosmetics-products/brands/models-prefer).

      Delete
  4. this looks so pretty on you! the shimmer is subtle and nice :)) But I've never heard about the brand before.. Is it a local brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think so, though I don't really know much about it, except that it's sold exclusively in a major pharmacy/beauty store chain here in Australia.

      Delete
  5. Love all the shades together and individually, I actually would go into the darkest pink more than the others...they really add such a nice sheen to the cheeks. I love luminous cheeks, shimmer does not put me off at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is so persuasive! You're such an enabler! Going to have to resist buying them :( They remind me of Amber and Rose Diamond. :) I'm stuck for choice- whether to get one of these, or Revlon's MSF dupe in Brighten for my first ever powder highlighter. :/ x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...