Sunday, April 15, 2012

In the Bag

After my Revlon Lip Butter haulage at Priceline, I also nabbed one of the Beauty Bags they had as part of their current promotion. If you spend $60 on participating brands, you get a complimentary bag with several full-sized products. From memory, Priceline has been running this campaign for a few years now, and I've made sure to get one each year. There's probably nothing I'd set out to specifically buy in these bags, but it's still quite a generous offering, particularly if you take advantage of the discounts and special deals they have for the brands included in the promotion.






l-r: Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Blush, Innoxa Lovely Lips in Pink Peony

Included in my bag were:

Priceline 3 in 1 Exfoliating Wipes I don't really use facial wipes that often, but I guess these could be convenient for travel. Not sure how effective they'd be in removing makeup though.

Models Prefer Kohl Eyeliner in Matte Black
A black pencil eyeliner. Ho hum. I've way too many of these already and I prefer felt tip eyeliner pens now, but who knows, I could be pleasantly surprised.

Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Blush The ColorBurst formulation is a favourite of mine and I was fairly pleased to receive this shade because it was one that I'd contemplated buying. On my lips, this isn't so much MLBB but "my lips but darker". I was hoping for something more peachy or pink, but it's very brown-toned and mature-looking on me. Still, it's an inoffensive and wearable neutral.

Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator
Reminds me a lot of Revlon Age Defying Spa Face Illuminator, with a similar consistency (though slightly thicker and less runny) and scent. The highlighting effect is more subtle and less glittery than the Face Illuminator, which encourages me to try it as a primer under foundation. This retails for $22.95, so it's one of the more expensive items in the bag.

Savvy by DB Luxury Liner in Glitzy Gold I've previously raved about these Luxury Liners and have the entire range. Glitzy Gold is a striking shade, but one of my least favourites. It's not a gold that I find flattering on me as it's quite yellow. I would've loved to have received Brilliant Bronze instead, a favourite that I use on my lower lashline for an alternative to black.

Max Factor Xperience mascara in Black
I've had quite positive experiences with Max Factor mascara in the past, so I'll be looking forward to trying this. But I won't for a while, since I have way too many unopened mascaras that I'll only get to when I finish up the ones I'm currently rotating.

Australis Paparazzi Perfect HD Blush in Poser
I was kind of hoping to receive another shade, but this specific product doesn't vary between bags. I wouldn't consider this useable as a blush, but it'd be good for bronzer or contouring. Not that I do either very often.

Broadway Press & Go
Nicole Scherzinger's coquettish, smiling mug on the packaging hasn't sold me on these. They just seem super fiddly and fake looking. Might give them a go when I'm super bored.

1000 Hour Nail Foils in Pink Swirl (210)
The pattern really isn't for me. Seems really strange to stick these on, I can't help but think of those contact sheets that we used in primary school to wrap our textbooks. A hair dryer also has to be used somewhere in the process. Way too much effort.

Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish nail enamel in Wine Not
Pretty happy with this shade, as I had my eye on a similar colour from Natio. Looking forward to sporting this when winter comes around.

Natio Mineral Pressed Powder in Light to Medium
I like the packaging but I don't really use powder, so this doesn't particularly interest me. I'm thinking this might be too light on me, or could be just right.

Innoxa Lovely Lips lipstick in Pink Peony
Ridiculously pigmented, super bright hot pink with raspberry and fuchsia tones. Very loud, almost neon. But I like it. Not sure when I'd wear it, but it's definitely a statement lip colour. Can be toned down if dabbed on the lips and mixed with lip balm.

Models Prefer Multipurpose Sponge
Not exactly the Beautyblender, but it's a step to experimenting with a sponge. I actually bought a flat sponge from Priceline's generic beauty range a couple of months ago to see if it applied my foundation any better than a brush or my fingers, but never got around to trialling it.

Manicare Soft Touch Tweezers
Always useful, though the tip of these looks a little on the thick side. Saves me buying another pair of tweezers when my current one becomes blunt, or I inevitably lose them.

Ecotools Bath Sponge Is this an annual inclusion? I seem to remember getting the same thing last year. Regardless, my mother would appreciate this. She's very much into body cleansing products.

$10 off Covergirl voucher
I'd almost consider this an extra product, as I'm sure you can easily buy something at the $10 mark, though it'd mostly likely be a lip liner or gloss. Still, a decent discount and getting the choice of what to pick is always a bonus (unless you're horribly indecisive like me).

Phew! That's a lot of goodies. It all comes in a synthetic snakeskin-effect tote from Models Prefer, which is roomy and comfortable to carry. Not bad for something that's free.

37 comments:

  1. Such lovely things , I like your lipstics ! You always find something good-looking ! :)

    http://lamodetoujoursavecnous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to use a hairdryer on the nail foils?? eek!
    If it wasn't such a hideous print I would put in the effort! ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I felt the same way about the print! Too 80's for me!

      Delete
  3. These Priceline bags are always generous each year! I never do end up grabbing enough products worth to get it though and I doubt I'd use half the products that come free, but it's awfully tempting!

    I see myself buying an Australis blush in the future. Everyone's got me intrigued now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing really calls out to you, save thy pennies! :p It was just convenient that I really wanted to get those Revlon Lip Butters, so this goodie bag was just a bonus :) Let me know if you decide to get one of those Australis blushes and which colour. Also waiting on your posts about Real Techniques and the Naked palette (I seem to recall you mentioning you ordered those? :p)

      Delete
  4. That Innoxa lipstick looks so incredibly gorgeous! Wow! Like Michelle I never get enough products to make $60 and feel as though I would use only half of the free ones anyway. Still, such an awesome beauty loot!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I love both those lipsticks!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before reading this post I had no idea that tweezers could go blunt from use! I've had my pair for years and they continue to work like a charm. Well there you go. You learn something every day.

    Oh and I want to try the DB Luxury Liner now. Do they have an emerald shade?

    xx Court
    Such A Beautiful Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if "blunt" was the right term, I think I just mean general signs of wear from years of use :p I guess it depends on the tweezers, I have heard of some not working as well (in picking up hairs cleanly) after a while.

      They do, it's called Glistening Green :)

      Delete
  7. This looks like such a good thing to get :)
    I love getting mis-matched items I wouldn't usually choose :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a beauty bag as well! What a fun way to try new products :) I have the Revlon colorburst in blush and I love it. Also, the Pink Peony looks gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the Revlon Colorburst in Blush - it's a MLBB colour for me :) a bit random and i should've said this earlier but i love your photos - they're so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great bag! Lots of goodies. Score twice: got the Lip Butter for a good price and now the goody bag. So generous that they are all full-sized products. BTW, you have gorgeous lips and all the lipstick color look gorgeous on you. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is an awesome deal! Wish the stores here in Canada would do something similar. By the way your pictures are beautiful!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow really, that is a lot of goodies in the bag! and i like the bag, too. ;)
    love the pink peony lipstick on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was contemplating whether I should get the bag! But I'm tightening the belt on my beauty buys this month T_T
    Luckily, I think the only thing that really excites me in this bag is the Nude illuminator~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, thats a a lot of fun! I love Blush by Revlon, it looks really nice with a lighter pink lipgloss on top!! It brings it up a few notches :) Interesting how you have so many different brand in Aus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a whole bunch of cool products! I wish we had those bags too! :D

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cool! You got a lot of good stuff there :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an awesome bag to get for spending a certain amount :D I wish they had a Priceline here now! The only Priceline I know of is the travel agency lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen so many people talking about these, Priceline needs to come to England!!! xo

    www.tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh the bag itself looks really nice! doesnt look like a'free bag' you know..
    And what is priceline btw? I've never heard of it before.. is it something like sephora?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I mention Priceline so often in my posts, it's ridiculous :p Priceline is basically a "drugstore", to use American terminology. There's a pharmacy/chemist element, and then they sell a heap of makeup, skin care and hair care stuff (Maybelline, Revlon, Almay, Rimmel, L'Oreal, etc., and some Australian brands too).

      Delete
  20. The Innoxa lip colour is so bright and gorgeous I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the goodies you got - I especially love the blush color lipstick! Xox <3 hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok, so I wasn't going to go to Priceline and buy anything, but now I think I might have too....

    www.teganiasthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm new to your blog and loving it xx

    Newest follower <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't bother with these bags any more. I haven't loved anything from previous bags, and the fact this one is snakeskin is enough to make me AVOID AVOID AVOID. d: x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've already commented but I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Blogger award. :) Not sure if you want to do a post on it, but it's just a way of me showing you that I really enjoy reading your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Michelle! :D I just read your post, really enjoyed reading your responses. I'll keep a post in mind for the future, forgive me if I don't get around to it due to my awful laziness :p

      Delete
  26. Great blog - that's such a good deal! I actually love the bag; great shopper. That is an impressive amount of goodies, as well!



    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Rimmel nail polish ! I have the same :p

    Turtle <3
    http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  28. love that snake print bag!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! I don't think our Pharmacy's here are that nice to give away so many full sized products. I'm very envious! Those two lippies look lovely on you.

    <3 Rubiiee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...