Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pop of Posies

Scoring a bonus Benefit Posietint mini was one of those incidental, unexpected perks that can happen when you browse the department store makeup counters as regularly as I do. Last year for whatever reason, Benefit were selling a full size Sugarbomb blush for $25 (normal price $51), and if the significant price reduction wasn't incentive enough, they tacked on a free 4ml sample of Posietint. So rare and inexplicably generous was this offer, I practically compelled two friends to also purchase the set, accusing them of insanity if they passed on such an unprecedented (for Australia, at least) bargain.





Benefit Posietint



Described as a "poppy-pink tinted lip and cheek stain", Posietint is a semi-translucent, bright rosy pink. On my lips, there's slight fuchsia/raspberry undertones, but on my cheeks, it's primarily a light, warm pink that gives a subtle, flushed look. I find it a bit more watery and thin in consistency than Cha Cha Tint. You don't need to move with the same lightning pace Cha Cha Tint demands before a mark/stain is left on the skin (possibly due to the milkier colour), but you still need to act quickly. Posietint is considerably less pigmented than Cha Cha Tint and needs to be layered a few times to show up on the skin.

While quick-staining liquids can be intimidating from the outset and difficult to apply evenly, they have unique advantages that justify the extra care and effort. One of the best things about Benefit tints is they are truly staining and budge-proof on the lips and have phenomenal lasting power on the cheeks. They also meld completely with the skin in a seamless, undetectable fashion for an incredibly natural effect. The colour simply becomes your skin in a way that can't be duplicated with powders or creams that sit on the surface and can easily fade or be wiped off.

As I've detailed numerous times before (see Illamasqua Naked Rose, Tarte Dollface), I have a love-hate relationship with pinks for both lips and cheeks, despite gravitating towards them without fail. Pink blushes tend to emphasise any redness and irritation in my skin, at times making it appear ruddy and even suffering from some kind of mild allergic reaction. I don't often reach for higher coverage foundations or do any targeted concealing, so the results are usually less than ideal. Having said that, Posietint is a versatile, accessible shade of pink that's bright but still relatively toned down. As a lip product, it's useful for layering but works just as well on its own, and as a blush, it's a sweet, youthful pink that's neither overly reddish nor cool-toned.

31 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks so much prettier on you!! I love this one to bits and have been contemplating getting the benetint, but then I got a second bottle of this one! :P I want to get Cha Cha tint for summer though (not a 3rd bottle of this for sure :P)

    A not so little Cult Beauty Haul | The Conscience Fund

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT IT FOR $25?! Wow. Posie tint's pink is right up your alley, Lena! I don't know how to apply these tints to the cheeks- are fingertips the way to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a full size Sugarbomb blush plus this Posietint sample, yeah - $25! Schweet deal, right?

      I usually apply with fingertips. Posietint's more forgiving than Cha Cha Tint, so the application is relatively easier. Just blend super fast :p

      Delete
  3. I love the colour of posie tint but I tend to find that it makes my foundation go a bit patchy, did you notice the same?

    I used to work for Benefit and always got so excited then we got mini tints in :)

    Nikki

    www.nikkiandthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of, but I always just attributed to the tricky texture of fast-staining liquid tints, not so much the fact the product itself makes foundation look patchy. I guess there's a bit of trial and error with it to see what bases to pair it with/methods of application give the best result :)

      Delete
  4. Eeek it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good on your cheeks! I love tints. But of course I use Asian ones, Benefit's tints are too pricey for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a mini one of these that came in a set a couple of my friends got me for my birthday. I've actually never used it on my cheeks, I've been afraid that it would set and wouldn't blend. As a lip product it's okay, I agree that it does need some layering. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap that IS a great deal… ESPECIALLY for Australia!! Wonderful find my dear :) I've always wanted to try the benefit tints but have always been so scared about the fast dry time and possibility of splotchy looking cheeks. This looks really cute on you though; "cute" isn't usually something I describe cosmetic colors as but this just screams it!

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The point about not using high coverage foundations/concealer explains so much. I'm all about eradicating blemishes, so it's no wonder that I love 99% of the blushes I come into contact with. But I do dislike how quickly the Benefit tints set on the skin, so they're still a no go for me. LOL @ you convincing friends. That was a pretty spectacular deal - I only saw a similar one here the time Benefit had to clear out from one of our department stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't care to use it on the lips, but I liked it on the cheeks. I just recently threw mine into my empties box since it was getting a little clumpy and icky.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Posie Tint but I don't think I've ever used any of these Benefit stains on my lips for some reason - must try it out because it looks great on your lips! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently used up my Posie Tint mini! I don't know if I can justify purchasing the full size, but I absolutely love it. It's a very fresh look for sure that's perfect for this time of year (or any time of year, really!).

    Em
    mascarawarrior.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alhtough I have a love-hate relationship with benetint...I'm really curious about this one! I really like pin in general (although I have the redness problem, I always try to attack it with a nice primer or something..)
    Anyway, you got such a nice deal! Like seriously good!!!
    Take care, have a nice day1*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting product. I like that it's multi-purpose. I also have a love-hate relationship with pink lip products, but this color is definitely quite alluring.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to love benetint and chacatint before but I don't know why they don't work for me any longer.. I prefer cream blushes now, as lip/cheek stain tend to 'stain' my cheeks or lips too much and look uneven after awhile..$25 for a full size blush + deluxe sample of Posie tint is a great bargain, I wouldn't be able to walk pass it.. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how the color looks on your lips! I own Benetint and I find myself rarely reaching for it, nor do I find it flattering on my cheeks xx

    boho vanity ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I'm especially loving it on the lips - the colour isn't too out-standish that you couldn't wear it during the day, but would also look lovely layered with another colour for a night out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a pretty shade, I especially like it on the lips! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like it on your lips, for me it's still a bit too pale although I can totally see how 'it becomes your skin' on the cheeks! I've yet to try any liquid tints for my cheeks yet because I'm just too in love with powders!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this type of product! / almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you have to work on a lightning pace with this, Benetint requires lightning lightning pace then :p I think the gel-ish consistency is kinder than the very liquid that benetint has. I think it looks gorgeous on your lips. I once had this and I can only make it work on the cheeks not on the lips. Sadly, I lost it now :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not the biggest fan benefit, but the tints are really good. I have some left and they are so easy to use, posietint is like the perfect bubblegum pink and it looks natural. I also like the minis / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woah, what a bargain! (Sad, isn't it, how that's considered a bargain?) I've always found tints to be quite intimidating, but it looks so lovely on you - especially as a lip tint! The colour looks a lot more wearable than Benetint. Bonus points for being multitasking! (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks very cute on both your cheeks and lips. I have tried the other shades of Benetint but think Posie Tint would only show up on my lips but not my cheeks(I'm NC30). Interesting that the consistency of these tints varies. The Benetint, as I recall, is quite thick.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also agree - posie tint is great! I think my favourite tint from Benefit is still the cha cha tint though. Love the coral!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty colour!
    I was tossing up between posie tint or benetint, but decided benetint was the 'safer' option x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maybe I should give this another go, it looks so good on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...