Saturday, June 20, 2015

Priceline Skin Care Gift Bag 2015

It's that time again for Priceline's annual skin care gift bag. I skipped last year's after the 2012 and 2013 bag, but this year's is undoubtedly the best one yet. The minimum spend has climbed over the years (from $50 to $60 and now $69 this year), but I don't care since Priceline has really stepped up its game with the brands it stocks. We're talking Antipodes, Avene, Bioderma, La Roche-Posay, NUXE, Uriage. So much French pharmacy goodness and mid-range brands that previously were the domain of department stores or specialty chemists. Though the absolute last thing I needed was to spend $72 on more skin care (pretty sure I'm still trying to get through stuff from 2013's bag), the sheer amount of freebies this year, a lot of which is surprisingly decent, won me over. Behold the excess.




To qualify for the bag, I bought Avene Soothing Moisture Mask (a 5ml sample I previously used convinced me I needed it in my life), La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche (tried it once on my hand a while ago, seemed rich and super hydrating, a potential winter saviour) and Nivea Sun Light Feel Every Day Sun Lotion SPF30 (needed a sunscreen as my La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluide Extrême SPF 50+ is close to expiring, though I've only just realised this is marketed as a body moisturiser rather than for face). Those three items still left me $1 short, so I chucked in a small tub of Nivea Soft, despite recently buying one from Woolies. Oh well, it's a cheap staple and seemed more useful than a face mask sachet or mini Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Lotion.


As with previous years, the goods come in a free tote bag. This year they tried to do some kind of perforated pleather light blue with a contrasting bright green interior. Not the most beautiful thing I've seen, but it does the job of holding an enormity of free stuff and seems sturdy enough.




So what's inside this thing? Prepare to scroll. Some items will vary depending on luck of the draw:

  • Swisspers Makeup Pads (pack of 80, the bag could also contain 400 cotton tips instead)
  • Innoxa Organic Brightening Eye Crème
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
  • Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia (you can also potentially get Rose, Pink Blossom or Hibiscus)
  • Lanolips Lip Ointment with Colour SPF15 in Rose
  • Nivea Lip Butter Unscented (or the bag could contain the Vanilla & Macadamia one)
  • La Roche-Posay Cicaplast (7.5ml sample)
  • Rosken Intensive Moisture Hand Cream
  • Zinke Stick in Red (you can also potentially get Pink, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange or White)
  • Garnier Miracle Skin Cream (5ml sample)
  • Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream (5ml sachet sample)
  • Antipodes Apostle Skin Brightening & Tone Correcting Serum (10ml mini bottle)
  • Bondi Sands Reusable Self Tanning Mitt
  • LeTan Fast Tan Instant Foaming Mousse in Dark Bronze
  • Jergens Original Beauty Lotion Dry Skin Moisturiser (or the Daily Moisture Dry Skin Moisturiser)
  • Sukin Detoxifying Clay Masque (50ml)
  • Pure Paw Paw Ointment in Watermelon (you can also potentially get other flavours)
  • Thursday Plantation Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Toner (or you could get the Nurture Oil)
  • Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub (or the 4-in-1 Revitalising Cleanser or Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser)
  • Dr Lewinn's Multi Moisture Balm
  • Formula 10.0.6 Keep Me Clean Clarifying Facial Wipes (or the Wipe Your Face Off Wipes)
  • Swisspers Rosehip Rejuvenating Facial Cleansing Wipes (or your bag could contain the Original, Pomegranate, White Tea or Mango)
  • Palmer's Shea Butter Formula (or the Aloe, Coconut or Smoothing varieties)
  • Avène Thermal Spring Water (50ml can)
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Sérum (15ml sample, or you could get a NUXE Huile Prodigieuse sample)
  • L'Oréal Revitalift Magic Blur
  • Rosehip by Essano Nourishing Hand Crème
  • Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask (6g sample)

Amazingly, if that wasn't enough, the bag also contains separate vouchers to claim an additional 4 full size products in store (Garnier Miracle Skin Cream, Innoxa Renew Anti-Ageing Exfoliator or Renew Triple Action Gel Wash or Super Sensitive Creme Cleansing Milk, Physiogel Calming Relief Cream, and ModelCo Gel Cleanser or Cleansing Foam or Cream Cleanser), but good luck getting those. I went to 5 Priceline stores and only managed to claim one of them, an Innoxa Cleansing Milk.

Apparently you're getting $400 worth of skin care with this bag. Even if that was overvalued (which it probably is), no one would call it ungenerous.

A rundown of my take on the goodies. There are items that I will likely immediately give away to friends/family (the body lotions for one, as well as the foaming cleansers/scrubs, hand creams and some of the lip balms). I recently bought a multipack of Simple wipes, so with the Swisspers and Formula 10.0.6 ones, I'm more than set for makeup wipes for the foreseeable future. I've always wanted to try the Lanolips lip balms, but the Rose colour is a bit light for my liking. Looks like a pale nudeish pink. I'm not a fan of the Nivea Lip Butters and am still trying to get through the two I bought a while ago, Vanilla & Macadamia, and Caramel Cream. I'll probably never use the Zinke Stick. I've never self-tanned before, so at least the LeTan with the Bondi Sands mitt are there should curiosity ever overcome me.

Some of the most exciting items unfortunately are small samples (Bioderma serum, La Roche-Posay Cicaplast, Garnier Miracle Skin Cream), but I can't complain too much. The Antipodes Apostle serum is a 10ml mini as opposed to the 30ml full size, but it should still last me a good while (plus it's adorable and great for travel). I'm interested to try the new Sukin mask (love the Purifying Masque they do, so expecting good things), L'Oréal Revitalift Magic Blur and Dr Lewinn's Multi Moisture Balm (skin needs all the hydration help it can get). The Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia isn't a terribly exciting colour, but sensible and universal. I always need small cans of my life staple Avene Thermal Spring Water for on the go, so the one included saves me from going out and buying a can for at least a few months.

15 comments:

  1. I convinced myself I didn't need this, then I went to work and saw the bag and was like omg want but I think I'm going splitsies with a friend/coworker so only half the damage?? Haha :P Ooh I have LRP Toleriane Riche and am loving it! Super moisturing and lovely in this cold weather!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do get a shedload of prods so the sheer freebie factor is strong with this one! Good idea to split with someone you know so you don't need to spend as much. No one person is going to get through all the products anyway. Hopefully you find someone that you can allocate the goodies to in a way where everyone is happy and no one is fighting over anything, haha :p Been trying Toleriane Riche these past couple of days at night ... nothing super stands out but it's nice enough!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is so generous!! I'd definitely take chance to spend $69 so I can go home with this bag xD.
    On the other note, you convinced me that I need that Avene soothing moisture mask :P. Avene is pretty affordable here in Indonesia so I'll make sure I check that one out ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year's bag definitely has the most free stuff than any other year, and a lot of it is better than previous years as well :) How much is the Avene mask in Indonesia? It's quite expensive in Australia - $43.99.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! That is an awesome gift bag!! I wish we had some of the brands you have in Australia - I always hear great things about Lanolips and and Paw Paw Paw lip products. I don't like the Nivea lip butters that much - compared to the stick lip balms they seem to sit on the lips. Speaking of Nivea, I need to go buy another tub of Nivea Soft sometime since I'm halfway through my current tub right now.

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Nivea Lip Butters are odd. They're too close to whitish thick Vaseline for my liking and leave a white cast on the lips. Not the most flattering look. But Nivea Soft is so good for the price! I alternate between expensive fancy products and good ol' Nivea Soft with a few drops of face oil.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why but my comments don't seem to be publishing on your blog!
    But this year's bag sounds so good! I've decided I'll get the LRP Sensi White Cream, and my sister will spend the rest of the money on a facial sunscreen and a rosehip oil because she's just starting out with skincare.
    I'm keen for the Antipodes Apostle serum- loved having that back in 2013. A lot of the other stuff sounds amazing too- the Lanolips, the LRP Cicaplast, the Avene Thermal Spray (lol), L'Oreal Magic Blur and Thursday Plantation products too!
    When do the coupons expire? It would such a shame if you couldn't claim them just because Priceline doesn't have stock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woahhh, so many things - definitely a generous gift bag! Love that there's a good mixture of products and brands x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've been tempted by Priceline's skincare bags. That being said, I have no clue what to go and spend my $69 on. I don't need anything. Sigh. We'll see... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priceline has started doing really pretty bags ! I am getting tempted day by day seeing all the posts, that being said I dont need much from Priceline as of now as I really stocked up during the 40% off sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I've been tossing up whether or not I was going to get this year's bag. It definitely sounds worth it! It just so happens that I'm running low on my cleanser and a few moisturisers - I might just 'accidentally' spend $69 on that shop. What a shame. ;)

    Christie's Take on Life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to be honest - I've been trying to talk myself into wanting this, but the thought of having more products seems overwhelming to me, though also exciting...I love the sound of the Avene mask you bought and have been wanting to try that for a while now, but not sure if I'm going to take the plunge with this deal. It's a great one, but maybe not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOD!
    Why don't we have this kind of things here D: That's so many good things, I can't even!!!
    I really need to get myself a new body SPF. I got ne from Bioré for my face and I really like it but I need one for when I eventually decide to visit the beach and everything ( I really want to look a bit more tan and less like the sister of sheet paper...specially when I have two bottles of darker foundation to wear >__> )

    But seriously, I wish stores would have deals like this T__T There's so many nice things here T_T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely agree, this bag is AMAZE. Good job Priceline!!! And loving the brands too.
    My skin is super picky, so I knew I'd probably wouldn't get use out of half of the stuff so I gave it a miss. And goodness I don't need any more skincare haha xD

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only I wasn't drowning in skincare right now! Otherwise I would be onto this in a FLASH!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...